Monday, August 10, 2020

Have you ever experienced a friend telling you years after the fact that a particular action helped set them on a path 

they still keep following today?

That happened to me over the weekend due to a (old /cough) photo of myself along with three very good friends all dressed up as 17th century English cavaliers being shared. Aside from our obvious youth, I noted in I had personally made every item of clothing in the picture with the exception of one friend's. I had helped him draft and fit a pattern but he had done all of the sewing himself. He commented that my help and encouragement had set him on the track that included becoming a Master of the Laurel in the Society for Creative Anachronism. I was both floored and flattered since at the time I was just glad to help a friend learn to do something new.

If there is a moral to be drawn from my tale, it's to try to be mindful of our actions but also never think that anything you do is too small to help or influence another.

Stay golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 My name is Deonne and I am a bad blogger.  Ok, maybe not a bad blogger, more of an inconsistent one. Be that as it may, here I am today! Fa...